[DB-SIG] DCOracle2 and Exceptions

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:14:23 -0400

Richard Brosnahan wrote:

>I've thrown a lot of different query expressions at this, and find most of
>them work correctly AND it does NOT throw an exception. This is good.
>
>Once in awhile I throw a perfectly good query at it, it correctly executes
>the query and then throws an exception anyway. This is still kind of odd,
>but very likely something on my end that needs fixing.
>
>Thanks very much for your help!!

There is code that is fixed in CVS where (prior to the fix) each
connection to the database had a SINGLE error handle for all errors to
come back in -- this meant that an error caused by a different object on
the same connection (a different cursor, a LOB, etc.) could be
erroneously picked up due to thread swithing in Python.

The CVS version fixes this by making sure that each independant entity
that could have a thread switch take place while it is "active" has a
separate error handle.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/