[DB-SIG] Re: unittests for DB-2.0 compliance

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:54:22 +0200

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Andrew Kuchling's letter:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 03:52:50PM -0500, John Odom wrote:
> >Has anyone written unittests to determine if a module is
> >DB-2.0 compliant?
> >If not, I am currently writing some.
>
> Weren't the authors of psycopg working on a test set?

yes, we are. it is included in psycopg latest release, but it is
a little bit young and lots of tests are missing. we plan to add
the remaining tests next week and release it separately from psycopg
in about 15 days. i already use it to test psycopg, popy and pygresql.

> I think implementing a set of test cases would be a very good idea,
> and would serve both to test compliance and the software's
> correctness.  I'll be interested in seeing what people come up with.

the current testsuite implements only testing the connection and
the types (i used it to test psycopg and the results are the long thread
on types on this list ;) feel free to download from http://initd.org/

ciao,
federico

--