[DB-SIG] Fw: [Zope] Who is willing to write a new database ad apter?

Dittmar, Daniel daniel.dittmar@sap.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:16:08 +0200

> we use the Adabas D database. I did not find any Python or
> Zope database adapter for it. I tried to use the Perl-DBI
> drivers but these have a lot of bugs.
>
> Is there anybody willing to write a phyton driver and zope
> adapter for Adabas D?
>
> We would be willing to donate some money and of course all
> software should be GPL.
>
> If you are interessted, please contact me at u.wisser@publisher.de

For those interested: Adabas D uses ODBC as it's C API, even on Unix. So
code for the ODBC Adapter should be reusable.

It will be very problematic on Linux. The communication layer in the ODBC
lib checks for changes in the process id. As Linux gives each thread a new
process id, I'm not sure having a Zope adapter on linux for multiple threads
is possible at all.

Daniel

--
Daniel Dittmar