[DB-SIG] (no subject)

bimal shah bimal291@hotmail.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:25:52 -0000

Dear friends,
       i was executing the following prog:

# \user\local\bin\python

import dbi, odbc     # ODBC modules

try:
        s = odbc.odbc('bimal/bimal/bimal')
# i kept system DSN=bimal and in advanced settings
# login=bimal  & password=bimal

        cur = s.cursor()
        cur.execute('select * from bimal1')
        print cur.description
        for tup in cur.description:
                print tup[0],
        print
        while 1:
                rec = cur.fetchmany(10)
                if not rec: break
                print rec
except NameError,e:
        print 'error ', e, 'undefined'

i am getting follwing traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\python20\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 301, in
RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "D:\Python20\win32\python fiels\dbtest.py", line 10, in ?
    s = odbc.odbc('bimal/bimal/bimal')
dbi.operation-error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error
Not enough information to connect to this DSN with SQLConnect.   Use
SQLDriverConnect. in LOGIN

         so please guide me for this problem. I am feeling that
it is not importing my odbc.pyd properly.