[DB-SIG] a little help please

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy@druid.net
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:30:47 -0500 (EST)

I assume this is PyGreSQL, right?  Note that this is not DB-SIG compliant
(yet) and probably belongs better on the PyGreSQL mailing list which you
can subscribe to at http://www.vex.net/mailman/listinfo/pygresql/.

Thus spake Garrett Gradisar
> print r # the fields are in order here
>
> print r.dictresult()
> #when I do this the fields are no longer in the currect order

That's right.  The dictresult() method returns a list of dictionaries
which are not ordered.  The idea is to use the value like this:

for row in r.dictresult():
  print """Name: %(name)s, Address: %(address)s""" % row

If you want it ordered, use getresult() instead.

> I need them in the correct order so I can print them in an html table.

I do this all the time with dictresult().  See http://www.druid.net/rides/
for a more complete example.  The link at the bottom allows you to view
the Python that generated the page.