[DB-SIG] Whence oci?

Tom Bryan tbryan@starship.beopen.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 05:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Eric Brunson wrote:

> I just installed Oracle 8.1.5i on my Linux box and I was trying to
> compile DCOracle, but oci doesn't seem to be installed and I can't
> find it listed in the installer.  Can anyone tell me if this should be
> part of the Oracle distro, and if so, what is it part of?

When you're trying to build an extension, it's best to paste exactly what
error you're getting during the build into your message.  Then tell us
what your configuration is and what you've already tried.

It's possible that you have everything that you need but that the compiler
can't find the libraries that it needs.  For example, I think that the
build assumes that your ORACLE_HOME environment variable has been set
properly.  Without more details, I can't really tell what you might be
missing or what else could be wrong.

---Tom