[DB-SIG] Dumping Table Schema

Dave Cole djc@object-craft.com.au
06 Dec 2000 09:47:25 +1100

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul DuBois <paul@dubois.ws> writes:

Paul> At 7:10 PM -0500 12/1/00, Jonan Santiago wrote:
>> Thanks both for your tips. Just what I needed. Now I dont know why
>> "select * from table where 1=0" works but it works!

Paul> Per the original question, my understanding (from some
Paul> discussion a while back on the DBI mailing list) is that this
Paul> actually isn't completely portable.  Although it works for many
Paul> database engines, it doesn't work for all.  Sorry, don't know
Paul> any examples where it doesn't work. I do know it does work for
Paul> MySQL.

It also works for my Sybase module.

        http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/sybase/

- Dave