[DB-SIG] python-informix

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue, 11 May 1999 13:19:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, John Mitchell wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 1999, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
>
> > I had problems with this -- in part I believe because the code for the
> > module is so old. :( In fact, while we were able to get it to compile, I
> > had to use another solution for talking to Oracle.
>
> So, is Informix all happy, or did you ditch it and switch to Oracle?

Actually, we worked around the problem in Javascript rather than using
Python. :( It seems the Oracle work done was for a much older (and
incompatible to what we were using) version of Informix.

Perhaps you didn't hear, but I left Magnet (I love the company, it's just
that I needed, for personal reasons, to move to San Francisco)...and thus
it's not something I still need to work around.

_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Everyone needs the luff of a fine penguin" -- Mikey