[DB-SIG] SQL database for Python

Cary Collett caryc@shore.net
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:18:52 -0400

Gong,

Sounds like you want MySQL. It is VERY VERY fast, multithreaded and
has a DP API compliant interface. http://www.tcx.se for more info.
MySQL is free for most uses (except bundling it and selling it, then
you have to buy a license). You can also purchase support.

It lacks some features like transactions and triggers, but you don't
mention that you need them. If you want something free that has more
features, but is slower you might want to check out PostgreSQL.
I don't use and so I don't have the URL for it handy but a search
at Yahoo should turn it up.

Lastly, if you want to go commercial, but don't want to spend the
money on Oracle, you could try Solid (http://www.solidtech.com/).

Cary

--
Cary Collett                                           cary@ratatosk.org

To me, boxing is like ballet, except there's no dancing, no choreography
and the dancers hit eachother.