[DB-SIG] mxODBC and Informix

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:34:49 +0200

Bill Anderson wrote:

> As the subject intimates, I have a question about mxODBC. Is this an
> appropriate place? If so, would it connect to an Informix dd (7.2)?

If Informix provides ODBC libs for your Unix there should be no
problem. You will only have to tell the extension (and possibly me ;)
how the header files are named and where to find them.

> I intend to do some testing with MySQL, and then switch to Informix when
> it works properly with glibc (I was using suse, but when my Alpha came
> in I switched).

mxODBC -> MySQL works fine from what I can tell: I'm actively
using MySQL and SuSE ADABAS.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 499 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :