[DB-SIG] Date-time types

Thomas Marsh thomas.marsh@tivoli.com
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:01:54 -0600

Perhaps there is need to develop a separate internationalization module
for this and other region specific domains. This is how Sybase manages
this issue and it would be an excellent core python module. Regardless
of what standard there is, an order by clause will use whatever date
ordering the database implements, of course.

Lacking an i18n module, I would have to agree that the date time type
should conform as much as possible to the time module in this respect
(0=monday).

(I'm jumping in on this discussion a little late I'm afraid.)

--thomas

--
Thomas Marsh                      thomas.marsh@tivoli.com
Tivoli Systems, Inc.              (512) 436 8643

send messages to: db-sig@python.org