[DB-SIG] indexing with python ?

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 17:38:32 -0400

John Mitchell wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, chas wrote:
>
> > Sorry to bother you all (anybody ?),
> >
> > Before I end up recreating the wheel (and undoubtedly making it
> > a shoddy, square wheel), are there any resources or scripts which
> > deal with indexing of documents / databases with python ?
>
> You might try Digital Creation's "Inverted Index" stuff:
>
>         http://www.digicool.com/releases/unsupported/InvertedIndex/

No! Please don't!  The version we released scales horribly.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll release a free version of
InvertedIndex that's any good. :-[

Eventually, we will offer a commercial Python OODBMS product that
includes a much improved inverted index, as well as other indexing
structures such as various database-oriented tree and set structures. In
the mean time, we are willing to license this technology on a case by
case basis.  We are currently using this technology heavily in our own
products.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton         Digital Creations