[PYTHON DB-SIG] Re: Oracledb Module Available

Anthony Baxter Anthony Baxter <arb@connect.com.au>
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:50:26 +1100

(for anyone else who is having problems - the ftp.digicool.com server
doesn't seem to like PASV ftp connections...)

>>> Daniel F Manganelli wrote
> 	The oracledb module is finally available.  You can get it at
>
> ftp://ftp.digicool.com/pub/releases/oracledb-0.1/oracledb-0.1.tar.gz

Ok, I'm just starting out with this (we've been using Oraperl until now,
I hate it, lots). The first thing that's stumped me is 'what on earth is
the format for the connection string?'

The doc string sez:

"This method begins the oracle session.  It must be passed your logon information in the form of a string.  EX: oracledb('usernamepassword')"

say I have dbuser@dbhost, password is dbpasswd. I've tried

dbuser@dbhost             - gives 'logon/passwd incorrect'
dbuserdbpasswd@dbhost             - gives 'logon/passwd incorrect'
dbuser:dbpasswd@dbhost    - gives 'logon/passwd incorrect'
dbuser@dbhost:dbpasswd    - gives 'invalid driver designator'

and other variations on the theme. Help!

(Yes, we have Oracle docs. One of the contractors here has borrowed them :(

On another note, the DB-SIG API is version 1.0 - is this the same API that the
oracledb module is on?

ta,
Anthony

send messages to: db-sig@python.org