[Datetime-SIG] PEP 495 (Local Time Disambiguation) is ready for pronouncement

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Aug 18 01:11:59 CEST 2015

Sorry, I don't have time to split any more hairs about this. I just hate
leap seconds and anything that mentions it.

If PEP 500 exists solely to support leap seconds, it's dead. If it exists
to differentiate between "human" and "timeline" arithmetic, I would prefer
a single bit (perhaps represented as a subclass test) over PDDM. But that
discussion can wait until the PEP-500 thread.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)