[Cython] Status

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Jan 31 18:00:58 EST 2020

On 1/02/20 3:08 am, John Skaller2 wrote:

> I don’t think that is true in C99 but I’m not sure.

You may be right, I haven't been keeping up with all the
twists and turns of recent C standards. The gcc I just
tried it on allowed it, but warned about it.

> In any case its a bad idea in an interface specification even if it’s legal.

Perhaos in C, but I think it makes sense for types in
Cython to default to object, because it deals with objects
so much. It means that functions that take and return
objects exclusively look like Python.

--
Greg