[Cython] Status

John Skaller2 skaller at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 30 15:47:31 EST 2020

> On 31 Jan 2020, at 00:22, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
>
>> Seems these were mechanically derived from docs?
>
> They were manually copied over time.

Ouch. A lot of work.

>> 2. pyport is plain wrong. It contains conflicting C typedefs.
>
> PRs welcome.

Is this your prefered method (pull request)?

>> 4. ../cython/Cython/Includes/cpython/weakref.pxd:    bint PyWeakref_CheckProxy(ob)
>>
>> 	ob should be PyObject*
>
> No, the declaration looks correct to me. The input is an object. It does
> not seem helpful to me to require users to do a cast.

I don’t understand. ob isn’t a type, is it? A type is required.

Else where “object” is used as an alias for PyObject*.
It also suggests standard ref counting is required whereas
plain PyObject* suggests non-standard ref counting.

—
John Skaller
skaller at internode.on.net