[Cython] Next Cython Release

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Jun 12 14:00:17 EDT 2017

Robert Bradshaw schrieb am 12.06.2017 um 19:35:
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Julian Rüth wrote:
>> some people over at conda-forge would like to use features that are
>> already in master but have not been released yet
>> (https://github.com/conda-forge/cython-feedstock/pull/20). We would
>> prefer not to patch and older release for Cython but just wait for the
>> next release. However, since there has not been a release in 6 months,
>> we're wondering if there are any plans for a release?
>
> I've been wanting to do a release for a while, just haven't gotten
> around to it. Yes, let's get one out soon.

I've restarted working on the integration of PEP 525 and 530 (async
generators/comprehensions), which gets closer but isn't quite there yet.
Since we didn't have a release for so long now, and we certainly have
enough on our current list of changes, I'd be ok with having it miss this
release. So, +1 for a release soon.

>> PS: Not sure if this is the right list for this but the link to the
>> bug-tracker on https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/cython-devel
>> goes to http://cython.org/trac/cython_trac/ which produces a 404.
>
> As mentioned, we're using github these days. I added redirects
> (including specific tickets like http://cython.org/trac/ticket/101 )
> but seemed to have missed this link, thanks for pointing that out.

I already updated that link. Sorry, should have mentioned it.