[Cython] Cython infrastructure

Dima Pasechnik dimpase+github at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:13:58 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Baptiste Carvello
<devel at baptiste-carvello.net> wrote:
> Le 20/07/2016 12:19, Dima Pasechnik a écrit :
>
>> Github is not spyware, IMHO. It would be good to understand which of these:
>>
>> https://help.github.com/articles/github-privacy-policy/
>>
>> you have a problem with.
>
> That's this one, in the terms of service:
>
> "One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account,
> and one machine user account that is used exclusively for performing
> automated tasks."
>
> Which means the account identifies me as a person, not just as a project
> member, and they can correlate my actions across all projects.

Apart from browser cookies, they have no real means to identify users
having several identities.
This is merely done for preventing abuse by people who basically use
so much resource that they ought to pay.

That is, yes, you will need one email address per one account, and would not
try to have a 100 of such identities accessing github from the same IP.

At worst you will lose an account, that's all.

Dima