[Cython] Cython 0.23 released

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 08:54:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've just hit a regression with 0.23: a recursion loop generating code
for this particular pyx:
http://xpra.org/trac/browser/xpra/trunk/src/xpra/codecs/nvenc4/encoder.pyx

I don't think we have such loops in our setup.py data structures or in
that pyx, but that's possible. (I will try to check later)
The same code builds fine on all platforms with Cython 0.22.1.

Full stack trace attached to this email. Loop excerpt:
  File "Cython/Compiler/FlowControl.py", line 336, in
Cython.Compiler.FlowControl.NameAssignment.__deepcopy__
(/usr/src/rpmbuild/BUILD/Cython-0.23/Cython/Compiler/FlowControl.c:10989)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 190, in deepcopy
    y = _reconstruct(x, rv, 1, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 328, in _reconstruct
    args = deepcopy(args, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 163, in deepcopy
    y = copier(x, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 237, in _deepcopy_tuple
    y.append(deepcopy(a, memo))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 163, in deepcopy
    y = copier(x, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 230, in _deepcopy_list
    y.append(deepcopy(a, memo))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 174, in deepcopy
    y = copier(memo)
  File "Cython/Compiler/FlowControl.py", line 418, in
Cython.Compiler.FlowControl.NameReference.__deepcopy__
(/usr/src/rpmbuild/BUILD/Cython-0.23/Cython/Compiler/FlowControl.c:13685)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 190, in deepcopy
    y = _reconstruct(x, rv, 1, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 334, in _reconstruct
    state = deepcopy(state, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 163, in deepcopy
    y = copier(x, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 257, in _deepcopy_dict
    y[deepcopy(key, memo)] = deepcopy(value, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 190, in deepcopy
    y = _reconstruct(x, rv, 1, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 351, in _reconstruct
    item = deepcopy(item, memo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/copy.py", line 174, in deepcopy
    y = copier(memo)
  File "Cython/Compiler/FlowControl.py", line 336, in
Cython.Compiler.FlowControl.NameAssignment.__deepcopy__
(/usr/src/rpmbuild/BUILD/Cython-0.23/Cython/Compiler/FlowControl.c:10989)
Sorry for not testing the 0.23 beta, which might have caught this sooner.

Cheers
Antoine