[Cython] [FEATURE REQUEST] VisualBasic

Zaxebo Yaxebo zaxebo1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:36:56 CET 2014

Thanks for reply @Sturla.

1) Sturla>>> Originally Fortran's "implicit none".

Zaxebo>> Yes, you are right :-)

2) Sturla>>>
I am not sure why you use Python (including Cython) if you prefer to turn
off duck typing, though. You know where to find Java or C++ if that is what
you want.

Zaxebo>>
 I am NOT saying to implement datatyping(that is already part of cython by
"cdef int","cdef double"). I am NOT saying to turn off duck typing.
        What i am requesting is: declaration of variables without data
typing (like:  cdef "var" ). And "optionally making them to be explicit".
  It is not required to make each variables data type to be put in the
program, only declared as:
            cdef var a1
   So there is no problem to the concept of duck typing in this case.

Hence Again , THEIR PRE-DECLARATION (using "var") is to be made explicit,
not their datatypes ("int,double" etc do not need to be specified). Hence,
we are not making duck typing off. We are still using datatype.
3) If this idea seems acceptable and in congruence with cython philosophy,
then I can humbly offer some token amount as sponsor in my individual
capacity to the implementor, for this feature to be implemented in cython
in a prioritised timeframe.

Zaxebo1