[Cython] Cython 0.20 beta 2

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Sun Jan 19 00:46:20 CET 2014

On 1/16/2014 8:53 PM, Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> wrote:
>> On 1/13/2014 2:24 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Christoph,
>>>
>>> thanks for testing!
>>>
>>> Christoph Gohlke, 13.01.2014 09:46:

>>> The tests start consistently failing at some point, which hints at a file
>>> handle leak, either in the test runner or in the compiler.

>>> Yes, lots of problems and warnings. Might take a bit to look through all
>>> of
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Regarding this one:
>>>
>>> """
>>> compiling (cpp) and running final_method_T586 ... final_method_T586.c
>>> final_method_T586.c(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>>> 'pyconfig.h': No such file or directory
>>> ERROR
>>> """
>>>
>>> Is there no "pyconfig.h" amongst the CPython header files on Windows?
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>

>> According to Process Explorer
>> <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx>,
>> `\Device\ConDrv` (the Windows Console Driver) file handles are leaked during
>> `Doctest`. When the number of open file handles reaches about 2000, all kind
>> of things start to fail, including the compiler not being able to open/find
>> files such as 'pyconfig.h'. No file handles are leaked when testing Cython
>> 0.19.2.
>
> No file handles appear to be leaked running under OS X or Linux. Could
> you perhaps do a binary search on the git repo to locate the
> incriminating CL?

I did run a git bisect, which came out inconclusive because somehow the
doctests failed to find/use msvc when run in the git bash environment
(non-doctests did use msvc).

Christoph