[Cython] Cython 0.20 beta 2

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Mon Jan 13 09:46:30 CET 2014

On 1/11/2014 11:53 PM, Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> There was a lot of bugfixes and other good stuff on master, so I
> pulled it in and am releasing another beta. You can find it at
> http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.20b2.tar.gz . I don't anticipate
> merging master again before the release, so this is nearly a release
> candidate, but please let us know if you run into any regressions.
>
> - Robert

Hello,

I have trouble running the tests (`runtests.py`) on Windows:

The script does not get beyond `runTest (__main__.EndToEndTest)
End-to-end common_include_dir ...`.
Setting `nthreads = 0` in `tests/build/common_include_dir.srctree` gets
around this but the test fails. The file also uses `ls` and `grep` which
are not commonly found on Windows.

The file `tests/build/build_dir.srctree` uses `os.symlink()`, which is
not available on Windows
<http://docs.python.org/2/library/os.html#os.symlink>.

There are hundreds of test errors, most of kind `IOError: [Errno 24] Too
many open files`.
The test output for 64 bit Python 2.7 with numpy 1.7.2 and msvc9 is at
<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/cython/Cython-0.20.x-win-amd64-py2.7_test.txt>.

Christoph