[Cython] Test/example for cpdef enum

Ian Bell ian.h.bell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:14:03 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Robert Bradshaw <robertwb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 3:56 AM, Ian Bell <ian.h.bell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are there any tests/docs/examples showing how to use the cpdef enum?
>  This
> > is a feature I have been looking for for a long time and I am hoping to
> use
> > it very soon in my own project.
>
> https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/tests/run/cpdef_enums.pyx
> https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/tests/run/cpdef_enums.pxd

I see.  Stupidly I had thought that it would be automatic in the sense that
you don't have to manually declare which parameters will be output in the
python module.  Evidently that is not the case, which I guess is ok.  I had
hoped to avoid my script which parses my header and make a constants
module.  It works fine, its not the prettiest, but I guess I won't be
saying goodbye to it any time soon.