[Cython] any more fixes for 0.19.1 ?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri May 3 09:29:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

since there's an unpleasant regression in 0.19, I'd like to release 0.19.1
soon. If you have any more fixes that should go in, you may want to apply
them now or at least speak up to delay the release.

I'm aware of ticket 810, but it doesn't seem like a regression and I don't
currently see an obvious simple way to reproduce it. It looks like a
classical "last reference dies while still in use" kind of problem to me.
Maybe even a bug in Sage rather than Cython that just accidentally worked
in older releases, although I'm not saying that there is nothing Cython
could do about it.

http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/810

Ticket 814 (compiler crash during C++ code analysis) would also be worth
closing before a release as it might be an easy fix, even though it's not a
regression (crashes for me also in 0.18).

http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/814

I also think that Ticket 775 ("memoryview" name leaks into module
namespace) should eventually be fixed as it's annoying and unexpected,
although not necessarily right in this release (it's been like this forever).

http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/775

Anything else?