[Cython] Surprising behaviour wrt. generated tp_clear and tp_dealloc functions

Torsten Landschoff torsten.landschoff at dynamore.de
Fri Aug 2 00:59:14 CEST 2013

Hi again,

On 07/14/2013 10:39 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Torsten Landschoff, 11.07.2013 00:10:
>> I attached my current (trivial) patch. Currently I only support a decorator
>>
>>     @cython.noclear
>>     cdef class ...
>>
>> to inhibit generation of tp_clear.
> Thanks, looks ok to me. Please open a pull request on github for it.
I reworked it a bit, pull request is here:
https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/248
Sorry it took so long, real life takes it's toll ;-)

> I think that name is as good as any. It could be "no_gc_clear", if you
> find that clearer. It hints at GC, at least.
That's what I did.
> I think that should be part of the name somehow. Please also document
> it somewhere in the extension types doc section (in the user guide):
> https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/docs/src/userguide/extension_types.rst

Done. Please advise if you think it needs improvement - I have a hard
time to describe complex facts in concise form.
>> How should the decorator to completely disable GC for a class be called?
>> @cython.nogc?
> +1
I did not yet implement this.

Greetings, Torsten

--
DYNAmore Gesellschaft fuer Ingenieurdienstleistungen mbH
Torsten Landschoff

Office Dresden
Tel: +49-(0)351-312002-10
Fax: +49-(0)351-312002-29

mailto:torsten.landschoff at dynamore.de
http://www.dynamore.de

DYNAmore Gesellschaft für FEM Ingenieurdienstleistungen mbH
Registration court: Stuttgart, HRB 733694
Managing director: Prof. Dr. Karl Schweizerhof, Dipl.-Math. Ulrich Franz