[Cython] [cython-users] ANN: XDress v0.1 -- Automatic Code Generator and C/C++ Wrapper

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Apr 7 09:32:29 CEST 2013

Robert Bradshaw, 07.04.2013 09:13:
> This is much more complete than that GSoC project ever got. Probably
> the biggest takeaway there was that gcc's plugin architecture, let
> alone the Python bindings, simply weren't stable or complete enough to
> seriously use (at that point at least).

I would guess that it got better in the meantime. David Malcolm has been
using it for static analysis of CPython extension modules and gave a talk
about it at this year's PyCon-US.

http://pyvideo.org/video/1698/death-by-a-thousand-leaks-what-statically-analys

At the end of the talk, he was asked what bugs his tools found not only in
manually written code but in generated code, specifically C code generated
by Cython. He answered that it was rather the other way round: he had used
Cython generated code to prune false positives from his analysis tool. :)