[Cython] Bug: Returning real value crashes the code, complex value does not

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Apr 1 10:29:28 CEST 2013

Martin Fiers, 01.04.2013 10:19:
> Is there anything else I could try to resolve/debug this issue?

Could you try to come up with a stack trace that shows where the crash
happens? Or better, run it in a debugger and investigate it post-mortem to
figure out what actually goes wrong here?

None of the Cython core developers uses Windows (or even just has it
available AFAICT), so it won't be easy for us to debug this.

> Are there a
> debug build binaries of Python available? Apparently, it's not that easy to
> find.

CPython has a debug build feature that does lots of safety checks, but you
have to build it yourself for that. Pass the "--with-pydebug" option to the
build. However, if you're unlucky and it's really a compiler issue,
building it yourself might make the crash go away...