[Cython] 0.16.1

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu May 10 22:21:06 CEST 2012

mark florisson, 10.05.2012 21:13:
> On 9 May 2012 08:49, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> Stefan Behnel, 09.05.2012 08:41:
>>> Robert Bradshaw, 09.05.2012 00:16:
>>> I think it's close enough to be released.
>>
>> ... although one thing I just noticed is that the "numpy_memoryview" test
>> is still disabled because it lead to crashes in recent Py3.2 releases (and
>> thus most likely also in the latest Py3k). Not sure if it still crashes,
>> but should be checked before going for a release.
>
> Hurgh. Disabling tests in bugs.txt is terrible, there should have been
> a comment in numpy_memoryview saying DISABLED and the testcase
> function should have been a noop.

... or have a release mode in the test runner that barks at disabled tests.

> Your commit
> e3838e42c4b6f67f180d06b8cd75566f3380ab95 broke how typedef types are
> compared, which makes the test get a temporary of the wrong type. Let
> me try reverting that commit, what was it needed for?

It was meant to fix the comparison of different char* ctypedefs. However,
seeing it in retrospect now, it would definitely break user code to compare
ctypedefs by their underlying base type because it's common for users to be
lax about ctypedefs, e.g. for integer types.

I think a better (and substantially safer) way to do it would be to use the
hash value of the underlying declared type, but to make the equals
comparison based on the typedef-ed name. That, plus a special case
treatment for char* compatible types.

Thanks for figuring out the problem.