[Cython] 0.17

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed May 9 11:13:48 CEST 2012

Stefan Behnel, 06.05.2012 20:22:
> Dag Sverre Seljebotn, 06.05.2012 19:51:
>> On 05/06/2012 04:28 PM, mark florisson wrote:
>>> I think we already have quite a bit of functionality (nearly) ready,
>>> after merging some pending pull requests maybe it will be a good time
>>> for a 0.17 release? I think it would be good to also document to what
>>> extent pypy support works, what works and what doesn't. Stefan, since
>>> you added a large majority of the features, would you want to be the
>>> release manager?
>>>
>>> In summary, the following pull requests should likely go in
>>>      - array.array support (unless further discussion prevents that)
>>>      - fused types runtime buffer dispatch
>>>      - newaxis
>>>      - more?
>>

>> Sounds more like a 0.16.1? (Did we have any rules for that -- except the
>> obvious one that breaking backwards compatibility in noticeable ways has to
>> increment the major?)
>
> Those are only the pending pull requests, the current feature set in the
> master branch is way larger than that. I'll start writing up the release
> notes soon.

Reviving this thread because it's the proper one to discuss 0.17 (instead
of the "0.16.1" thread).

So, here are the release notes so far:

http://wiki.cython.org/ReleaseNotes-0.17

There are a couple of bugs targeted for 0.17 that have not been closed (or
worked on?) yet. Please look through them as well to see if they a) have
been fixed, b) will be fixed soon or c) should be postponed.