[Cython] [cython-users] Re: Cython 0.17 beta 1 released

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Jul 31 16:24:28 CEST 2012

mark florisson, 28.07.2012 14:04:
> On 27 July 2012 23:30, Bradley Froehle wrote:
>> Thanks to the work of Yaroslav Halchenko, there is an experimental Debian
>> package for Cython 0.17.beta1 -- http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/cython.html
>>
>> However, the builds are showing a lot of test failures on non-amd64 sytems.
>> See https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=cython&suite=experimental
>> Many of the errors seem related to assumptions made about the sizes of
>> various integers (int vs. long vs long long).  Ideally we'll be able to
>> clean up these failures before the final release.
>
> Thanks, I think it's mostly the tests that are wrong. I'll try to get
> it fixed on linux 32 bit.

I'm not sure the it's only the tests. The "char" vs. "unsigned char" errors
hint at platform specific differences, which might trigger bugs (aka.
incorrect assumptions) in the generated memory view code. Specifically,
plain "char" is unsigned at least on ARM and PowerPC, both of which fail
with this error.