[Cython] 0.16 release

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Wed Jan 25 02:27:42 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:27 AM, mark florisson
<markflorisson88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> It's been almost three months since we talked about a 0.16 release, I
> think it's quite ready. It would already be a big release, it would be
> good to see how people like it, and to catch any issues etc before we
> pile on more features.

I would love to do a release soon. Last time this came up, I think the
big issue was (compilation) performance regression. Has this been
adequately addressed? The other issue is that there are a couple of
doctest failures with Sage. One source of problems is decorators due
to the (ugly) disallowing of function re-declarations, I'll try look
into this one. There are also a huge number of segfaults (see the
bottom of https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/view/ext-libs/job/sage-tests/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/log.txt
) which we need to get to the bottom of.

- Robert