[Cython] memoryview test warnings

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:05:26 CET 2012

On 25 February 2012 15:35, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get these warnings in the tests:
>
> """
> compiling (cpp) and running memoryview ...
>
> memoryview.cpp: In function ‘PyObject*
> __pyx_memoryview_setitem_slice_assign_scalar(__pyx_memoryview_obj*,
> PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
> memoryview.cpp:19703: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> integer expressions

This warning is incorrect as the code checks for 'if my_signed_value >
0 and my_signed_value == my_unsigned_value', but the C compiler can't
figure that out.

> memoryview.cpp: At global scope:
> memoryview.cpp:10210: warning: ‘__Pyx_memviewslice
> __pyx_f_10memoryview_func()’ defined but not used

This one can be fixed, just an unused function.

> compiling (cpp) and running memslice ...
>
> memslice.cpp: In function ‘PyObject*
> __pyx_memoryview_setitem_slice_assign_scalar(__pyx_memoryview_obj*,
> PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
> memslice.cpp:39266: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer
> expressions
> """
>
> Would be nice if they could be fixed for the release.
>
> Also, the memslice test writes output to the test log:
>
> """
> acquired default
> acquired Global_A
> """

I'm not sure these can be removed. If you pass in a name to a
mockbuffer it will print when it is acquired and released. Any
accidental release of say, a default value in a test function would
result in extra output, thus failing the test and preventing
regressions. These values cannot be part of a global doctest, one
tests for a global variable and the other for a default.