[Cython] Cython Debian builds - failing cygdb tests

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:31:15 CEST 2012

On 10 August 2012 05:23, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yaroslav Halchenko retried the test run on Sparc and all code related bugs
> seem to be resolved now (I had to fix a few minor endianess bugs).
>
> However, the cygdb tests still fail, but do not lead to a test run failure.
>
> Yaroslav Halchenko, 10.08.2012 01:05:
>> tested current 0.16rc1-591-g5de843a on sparc -- indeed  resolved ;)  but
>> then also mentioned that at the beginning there is a separate batch of
>> tests "inside gdb" which seems to fail... they (some or all) also fail
>> on i386 where I have started to rerun now after installing gdb.  Full
>> log from sparc:
>> http://www.onerussian.com/tmp/0.16rc1-591-g5de843a-sparc-tests-output.txt
>>
>> Since gdb might or might not be installed (it is not listed in
>> Build-Depends of the debian package but neither conflicts with having
>> gdb installed) on the build host -- if those failures could be
>> just ignored, I better exclude them explicitly (I guess with
>> --exclude=Debugger)
>
> Is that the expected behaviour? Or is there just something missing in the
> build server setup, maybe something wrong with the gdb Python plugin? It
> looks like it's doing something, though...

IIRC, it parses the gdb version to match against gdb >= 7.2. Something
is clearly going wrong, it needs investigation... Unit testing was
hard enough on top of dealing with a notoriously unstable Python API,
maybe it's using 7.3 and it's backwards incompatible in some subtle
way? Or maybe one of the workarounds for gdb bugs were broken by a bug
fix? :) No idea really, the tests used to pass with 7.2, no code in
the debugger changed really.