[Cython] automatically raise MemoryError on exceptional C return values

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Aug 7 13:22:24 CEST 2012

mark florisson, 07.08.2012 13:00:
> On 7 August 2012 11:59, mark florisson wrote:
>> On 7 August 2012 11:44, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> mark florisson, 07.08.2012 12:33:
>>>
>>> Funny to see this written by someone who bloats the entire type system with
>>> buffers, memory views and slice types, just to keep people from calculating
>>> index offsets into arrays.
>>
>> The only type that was added was the memoryview type, which is
>> supposed to *replace* the buffer type. And it does much more than
>> index calculation. So... yeah. Let's not make a technical discussion
>> personal.
>
> Besides, feedback seems to suggest people are happy with this "bloat".

Sorry if you took my comment any serious. It wasn't meant that way. I was
only sarcastically suggesting that there are different kinds of users, and
to those who don't care about one of the bigger features (in terms of
code), it will look like serious code bloat for no good reason. The whole
buffer related code is just too excellent an example for that to let the
opportunity pass silently. C++ is just another, and I'm sure there are
other areas that add a lot of code to the compiler that a substantial
subset of our users won't trigger in their whole life. And I'm not saying
that's a bad thing.

>>> Stefan ;o)

Stefan     ^^^