[Cython] Bad interaction between cimported types and module cleanup

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Aug 4 23:45:35 CEST 2012

Lisandro Dalcin, 04.08.2012 23:33:
> To properly test this we would need to namespace the __cleanup
> functions registered with atexit, I mean to name them
> '__<package>_<module>_cleanup'

Sure, why not.

> that way we could loop over registered
> functions to and call them "by hand".

I'm not sure if that'll work - wouldn't they still be called another time
at exit?

IMHO worth trying. The cleanup code should be safe enough to be reentrant,
but who knows. If it's not, it might be worth making it safe enough. Then
there's also the question *when* to call the cleanup function of a test
module. I doubt that it's a good idea to call it from inside the module
itself, but calling it from the test runner might work.

> I you agree, I can take care of
> this and write some tests for module cleanup.

Please do.