[Cython] [cython-users] Re: Cython 0.17 beta 1 released

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Wed Aug 1 18:19:48 CEST 2012

minor note -- could someone push the tag (annotated or signed
preferably) for 0.17rc1?

NB I am not sure what is the status on PEP 386 [1] (not yet adopted
afaik) but it might be worthwhile following it and/or existing
disutils.version.StrictVersion since having

In [2]: Cython.__version__
Out[2]: '0.17.beta1'

is not digested well by some depending projects -- there were 2 failures to
build against this beta release of Cython in Debian due to difficulty with
parsing the version -- bzr and xpra I believe [2].  So may be it is worth
making it '0.17b1' (and use corresponding tags accordingly)?

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0386/
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/683133

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences