[Cython] Cython 0.15.1 release candidate

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Sep 16 07:47:17 CEST 2011

Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis, 16.09.2011 05:24:
> 1 error ("compiling (cpp) and running tupleunpack_T712") and 0 failures with Python 3.1.
> 1 error ("compiling (cpp) and running tupleunpack_T712") and 4 failures with Python 3.2.
> FAIL: NestedWith (withstat)
> Doctest: withstat.NestedWith
>      UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc0 in position 24: invalid start byte
> FAIL: NestedWith (withstat_py)
> Doctest: withstat_py.NestedWith
>      UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x90 in position 40: invalid start byte

Nice - that means we are compliant with Python itself here! ;)

More seriously, it also means we must test the release branch under Python
3 on Jenkins. That's much easier to do now, I can just copy the three
build/test jobs, so that we get complete test coverage for it. Given how
rare it usually is that we push to the release branch, That won't hurt, but
it will give us much better safety for releases.