[Cython] test failure for cython-devel in Py2.4

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Oct 13 11:23:08 CEST 2011

mark florisson, 13.10.2011 11:10:
> On 13 October 2011 09:53, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> Stefan Behnel, 13.10.2011 07:10:
>>> mark florisson, 12.10.2011 23:46:

>>> It's not only the py3k tests, the build is broken in general.
>>
>> I take that back. I thought I had seen failures in other versions, too, but
>> that might have been in older builds. Currently, it is only broken in the
>> py3k branch, which opens up the possibility that it has something to do with
>> the large rewrites that recently went into CPython, specifically (but not
>> necessarily limited to) the unicode changes for PEP393.
>>
>> I disabled the py3k builds for now and that at least gets the other builds
>> through. I still see the tempita bug in Py2.4, though:
>>
>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests/BACKEND=c,PYVERSION=py24/47/console
>
> Should we just use stable CPython only? It's confusing to see failing
> test suites just because CPython might break (or even if it doesn't,
> you might be thinking it does).

Well, it's rare that CPython is *that* broken, and it's good for us to see
quickly when it breaks because of our own code. It's also good if we can
report bugs to python-dev before they consider everything fine because they
lack a test.

> Tempita also works fine on my system, I pushed a fix for that. It
> seems there's a problem with the memoryview tests in 2.4 though,
> because the PyBUF_* flags aren't available there. I'll try to add a
> 2.4 build to my Jenkins.

You should just copy the cython-devel jobs. They are much friendlier to set
up and change.