[Cython] Hudson pyregr testing takes too long

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu May 5 17:01:02 CEST 2011

Vitja Makarov, 05.05.2011 16:29:
> 2011/5/5 Stefan Behnel:
>> Vitja Makarov, 05.05.2011 08:41:
>>>
>>> Recently I've found that pyregr.test_dict (test_mutatingiteration)
>>> test makes it slow:
>>>
>>> def test_mutatingiteration():
>>>      d = {}
>>>      d[1] = 1
>>>      for i in d:
>>>          print i
>>>          d[i+1] = 1
>>>
>>> test_mutatingiteration()
>>>

>>> In CPython this code raises: RuntimeError: dictionary changed size
>>> during iteration
>>> And in Cython you have infinite loop. So we can disable this test for now.
>>
>> Interesting. Yes, if it's a bug in Cython then it's worth disabling the test
>> until the bug is fixed.
>>
>> Anyway, I'll try to come up with a fix quickly.
>>

> Cool! It seems that you've fixed the issue and now pyregr takes about
> 40 minutes )

Yes. :) I've also disabled a couple of other pyregr tests that took more
than one minute due to different reasons. For example, garbage collection
tends to take ages towards the end of the test run, when to many modules
are loaded. Or the subprocess tests take a while, although they are
everything but interesting for Cython.