[Cython] prange CEP updated

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:03:27 CEST 2011

On 4 May 2011 18:35, Dag Sverre Seljebotn <d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no> wrote:
> Moving pull requestion discussion (https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/28)
> over here:
>
> First, I got curious why you'd have a strip off "-pthread" from CC. I'd
> think you could just execute with it with "-pthread", which seems simpler.

It needs to end up in a list of arguments, and it's not needed at all
as I only need the version. I guess I could do (cc + " -v").split()
but eh.

> Second: If parallel.parallel is not callable, how are scheduling parameters
> for parallel blocks handled? Is there a reason to not support that? Do you
> think it should stay this way, or will parallel take parameters in the
> future?

Well, as I mentioned a while back, you cannot schedule parallel
blocks, there is no worksharing involved. All a parallel block does is
executed a code block in however many threads there are available. The
scheduling parameters are valid for a worksharing for loop only, as
you schedule (read "distribute") the work among the threads.