[Cython] Rewriting/compiling parts of CPython's stdlib in Cython

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Fri Mar 25 14:03:54 CET 2011

Den 24.03.2011 20:38, skrev Robert Bradshaw:
> I started a list at http://wiki.cython.org/Unsupported . I'd say we
> can be as compatible as Jython/IronPython is, and more than CPython is
> between minor versions. I would be happy with a short, well-justified
> list of differences. This will be clearer once the community (which
> we're a part of) defines what Python vs. implementation details means.

Looking at Guido's comment, Cython must be able to compile all valid
Python if this will have any chance of success.

Is the plan to include Cython in the standard library? I don't think a
large external dependency like Cython will be accepted unless it's a
part of the CPython distribution.

Why stop with the standard library? Why not implement the whole CPython
interpreter in Cython?

Sturla