[Cython] Differing Cython-0.14.1.tar.gz files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 08:25:58 CET 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 01:11, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2011, at 00:54, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> Ryan Schmidt, 06.03.2011 23:12:
>>> There are two different files called Cython-0.14.1.tar.gz -- one in http://www.cython.org/release/ and a different one in  http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/C/Cython/:
>>
>> Intersting. Do you mean "different" as in "different content" (i.e. sources etc.), or just as in "md5sum gives different hashes"?
>
> Different content.

I went back to check the 0.13 distfiles as well. The contents there are clearly different as well; the distfile on www.cython.org is 630K while the one on pypi.python.org is 808K. Here, the difference is that the distfile on pypi.python.org contains these additional files vs. the one on www.cython.org:

Cython/Compiler/Scanning.c
Cython/Compiler/Visitor.c
Cython/Plex/Scanners.c
Cython/Runtime/refnanny.c
Demos/embed/embedded
Demos/embed/embedded.c
Demos/embed/embedded.o

The 0.14 distfiles also differed between the two servers, although only in the composition of the tar.gz file; the contents are identical.