[Cython] Some bugs found while testing cython on django

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Jun 20 08:58:37 CEST 2011

Jon Olav Vik, 20.06.2011 07:28:
> Vitja Makarov writes:
>
>> 1. It seems that cython currently doesn't support tuples inside args
> definition:
>> def foo((a, b), c):
>
> Note that this feature is removed in Python 3.
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3113/

... as already noted in ticket 692.

http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/692

Personally, I'm against supporting this as it adds substantial overhead to
the parser and the argument handling code for what is considered a dead
feature, but full Py2 syntax support requires it.

Given that the Django developers are planning to move forward towards
eventual Py3 support in their code base anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if
they accepted a patch that fixed this in their code.