[Cython] hg-git shows 25 heads?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jul 7 19:52:49 CEST 2011

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:28:36 +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> there's something broken with the repo recently. Even in a fresh
> checkout, I see 25 heads, most of which were supposed to be merges into
> the master branch (mainly button merges). The github web site doesn't
> show these, it only has three branches.
>
> This keeps me from pushing. A hg pull currently says that it gets 735
> objects *each time*, without any visible changes, and a push says it
> would override a changeset.
>
> Any idea what may have gone wrong?

It seems that the Github's automatic merge feature creates hidden
branches in the namespace

	refs/pull/*

Git does not fetch these by default unless you tell it to,

	git fetch origin refs/*:refs/*

The hidden branches are there, but you never see them in normal usage,
and they are never pulled so they do not take space in clones.

But maybe Mercurial's git plugin gets confused because of them?
I'm not familiar with how it works, but maybe you can instruct it
to track only branches in the default namespace refs/heads/*

	Pauli