[Cython] Control flow graph

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Feb 14 09:31:13 CET 2011

Vitja Makarov, 14.02.2011 08:40:
> In order to implement "reaching definitions" algorithm.
> I'm now working on control-flow (or data-flow) graph.

Cool. Another good topic for the workshop. I've added it to the list on the
wiki page. Note that it's related to the NameNode graph, but not completely
overlapping. The latter may be considered an application of a more general
control flow graph.

> Here is funny picture made with graphviz ;)
>
> http://piccy.info/view3/1099337/ca29d7054d09bd0503cefa25f5f49420/1200/

Nice one.

One thing it's missing is the implicit return at the end of a function
body. This is something that's needed in order to figure out what the
return value of a function is. It would also make the graphs more readable,
as you'd actually see what happens after a statement with no outbound arrows.