[Csv] Status

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Fri Jan 31 01:21:38 CET 2003

>>> I can live with that.  I would propose then that escape_char
>>> default to something reasonable, not None.
>>  That's a little hairy, because the resulting file can't be parsed
>> correctly by Excel. But it should be safe if the escape_char is
>> only emitted if quote is set to none.

Andrew> Hmmm - I just realised this isn't safe where the excel dialect
Andrew> is concerned - excel does no special processing of backslash,
Andrew> so our parser shouldn't either.

That is why for the 'excel2000' dialect you set the escapechar to
None.  Excel has no escapechar so we do not set one in the parser.

Am I missing something?

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au