[Csv] Re: First Cut at CSV PEP

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Fri Jan 31 00:39:14 CET 2003

>How about we let the user define how to handle None?  I would always want
>None's appearing in my data to raise and exception.  You clearly have a use
>case for automatically mapping to the empty string.

Maybe just add an "allow_none" flag - if false, it raise an exception
on None, if true emits a null string? Sure it doesn't survive the round
trip - if you care, you probably should post/pre process data. We can't
be all things to all people.

As mentioned earlier - True and False are also potentially a problem.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/