[Cryptography-dev] Heap error in _openssl.pyd

Matthews Brian Brian.Matthews at vaisala.com
Fri Jan 8 12:32:15 EST 2021

Hi,

  We are using pyOpenSSL 20.0.1 with cryptography 3.3.1 in Python 2.7.17 x64. This is running on Microsoft Windows 2019.

The pyOpenSSL is being used as part of a twisted Web implementation, handling TLS HTTPS communications.

We are experiencing random crashes in the _openssl.pyd module. On some sites it is once per month, on other sites it is once per day.

The crash dump shows a HEAP error originating in the _openssl.pyd module during TLS negotiation.

  1.  Has anyone else experienced this
  2.  Are the symbol pdb files available for the _openssl.pyd object
  3.  What VS studio version are the wheels for 2.7 built with

Thanks

Brian.