[Cryptography-dev] FIPS Certfication

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 19:01:48 EDT 2019

Cryptography is not in-scope within the definition of FIPS-140-2; we use
OpenSSL for implementation of cryptographic algorithms. If you link
cryptography against an certified and/or validated OpenSSL, that is
controlling for whether your cryptography is certified/validated.

Alex

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:00 PM Andrew VanDamme <dewyvd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does the cryptography library for Python running on RHEL 7.x and above
> have FIPS 197 certification (FIPS 140-2 with AES GCM)?
>
> Thank you,

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.