[Cryptography-dev] PKCS#11 Private keys

Roger Gammans rgammans at gammascience.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 04:47:41 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I wanted to use my hardware token on to authenticate to an Oauth
service (from a python script), and the simplest way seem to be to
create a class which is-a  RSAPrivateKey, but talks the the PKCS#11
backend. It only implements what I need at the moment, but it looks
straightforward to extend.

I note there have been discussions previously on the list and on the GH
issue tracker, which don't seem to have gone anywhere about including
PKCS#11 support into cryptography.

So is what I've done (here: https://github.com/rgammans/TokenCrypt ) a
good starting point for PKCS#11 in cryptography, or is it a non
starter.

I'm happy to license as appropriate for inclusion or hear (almost) any
comments.

Fire away .

(ducks)

--